Blackwork on the Web
- ANG Article on the History of Blackwork
- Blackwork as shown in portraits and paintings
- Blackwork Embroidery Archives
- Blackwork Links from About.com
- Needlearts article on Blackwork
- A Stitch and A Prayer – Inspirational samplers with Christian and Family themes.
- BAND Fellowhsip – Born Again Needlework Designers celebrating the Word of God through our designs and our lives.
- Chatelaine – designs by Martina Weber – Wonderful patterns. Watch out if you’ve got a weakness for mysteries – hers will call to you – and loudly.
- Designs by Jodi Evans – A fun variety of designs, especially if you’re a coffee addict!!!
- Designs by Kathy Louthan – If you like realistic architectural needlework, Kathy’s the designer for you. Also has beautiful wildlife patterns as well.
- Joyful Expressions – Beautiful Biblical cross stitch patterns designed for display in jewel cases and mouse pads.
- Linda Reinmiller – Neat variety of patterns – in cross stitch, Hardanger, and other techniques.
- Linen Flowers Designs – Realistic florals and other designs.
- My Mark Designs – Fun and whimsical Christian designs.
- Teresa Wentzler – One of my favorite designers for many years.
- The Gift of Stitching Online Magazine – Great online needlework magazine with lots and lots of beautiful projects.
Product Resource Listing
- American Frames – Great online source for all your framing needs
- Caron Collection Threads – A wide variety of threads with some gorgeous colors.
- DMC – A standard in cotton flosses, and other stitching needs.
- Gentle Arts Sampler Threads – Wonderful collection of dyed cotton flosses. Beautiful colors.
- Kreinik Manufacturing – The standard in metallics, but with beautiful silk threads also.
- Lakeside Linens – Wonderful washable hand-dyed linens. Beautifully dyed.
- Needle Necessities – Beautiful overdyed threads for needlework
- Presencia Hilaturas USA – Threads I’ve just discovered. Smooth to stitch with, in vibrant colors.
- Tokens & Trifles Sewing Cards – These make great litt,le projects. You’ll soon find Stitchin’spiration designs for some of these card designs.
- Wichelt Imports – Beautiful fabrics, and now supplier of Mills Hill Beads.
- Zweigart – Supplier of a wide variety of needlework fabrics and products.
- Blackwork Yahoo Group – If you have any questions about blackwork, here’s a ready source of die-hard blackworkers with the information.
- Stitching the Night Away – Has a wonderful group of stitchers on the message boards involved in various round robins and stitch-a-longs.
- The Needlework Show …the tradeshow without the traveling! – Hosts needlework trade shows in April and October. This is a wholesale trade show that only shops can purchase at. However, stitchers are free to browse the catalogs so that they can tell their own shops what they’d like to order.